In recent years, the issues of homosexuality, same-sex attraction, and gay marriage have come to the fore. Many churches and even denominations have been torn apart over their stances on these issues. The controversy surrounding homosexuality has raised many questions for Christians about what the Bible says about homosexuality. There is a huge body of work dedicated to this issue, so it can be difficult to get straight answers about homosexuality and the Bible in a clear and concise way. Sam Allberry’s little book, Is God Anti-Gay? And Other Questions about Homosexuality, the Bible and Same-sex Attraction, tackles these questions plainly and succinctly. Allberry addresses some of the biggest questions that Christians ask themselves, including whether the Old Testament prohibition of homosexuality is still applicable today and whether Jesus had anything to say about homosexuality. Allberry also briefly addresses how we as Christians should respond to homosexuality not only in our church, but also within society and culture. The size and content of the book is perfect for anyone who is looking for a manageable read that will help them become more familiar with what the Bible says about homosexuality and how Christians can remain true to Scripture while still reflecting the love and compassion of Christ.
- Law, Religion and Homosexuality by Paul Johnson and Robert Vanderbeck
- School’s Out: Gay and Lesbian Teachers in the Classroom by Catherine Connell
- The Bible’s Yes to Same-sex Marriage: An Evangelical’s Change of Heart by Mark Achtemeier
- Seeking the Straight and Narrow: Weight Loss and Sexual Reorientation in Evangelical America by Lynne Gerber
- Representations of Homosexuality: Black Liberation Theology and Cultural Criticism by Roger A. Sneed